The Molymod MMS-009 inorganic/organic molecular model set for students in grades 7-12 includes 52 color-coded plastic atom parts and 37 links in a storage box. This set provides students a hands-on activity to visually model inorganic molecules, empirical formula representations, organic structures, and other concepts of inorganic and organic chemistry. Students can model molecules such as carbon dioxide, ammonia, sulfuric acid, calcium hydroxide, metal salts, copper sulfate, alkanes, alcohols, glucose, and benzene. The atom parts and links for assembling models are made from durable plastic and are color coded to national standards for ease of identification. Atom parts range from 17mm to 23mm in diameter and represent carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, hydrogen, sulfur, phosphorus, halogen, and metal. Additionally, it contains 4 brown atoms, 3 beige lone pair 2D paddles, 20 medium length grey links, 5 medium purple links, 12 flexible long grey links, one link remover tool, and instructions. The kit comes in a plastic box for ease of storage.
Science education products incorporate applied math and science principles into classroom and homeschool-based projects. Teachers in pre-K, elementary, and secondary classrooms use science education kits and products alongside science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) curriculum to demonstrate STEM concepts and real-world applications through hands-on activities. Science education projects include a broad range of activities, such as practical experiments in engineering, aeronautics, robotics, energy, chemistry, physics, biology, and geology.
Spiring Enterprises manufactures molecular models for use in classrooms and educational settings under brands such as Molymod, miniDNA, and Molyorbital. Founded in 1967, the company is headquartered in Billingshurst, West Sussex, UK.
What's in the Box?
- (6) Black tetrahedral carbon atom parts
- (7) Red oxygen atom parts (2-hole and tetrahedral)
- (14) White single-hole hydrogen atom parts
- (3) blue nitrogen atom parts (trigonal and tetrahedral)
- (2) Yellow sulfur atom parts: (1) angular 2-hole, (1) tetrahedral
- (2) Purple phosphorus atom parts (trigonal and 5-hole)
- (6) Green 1-hole halogen atom parts
- (8) Grey metal atom parts (1-hole, 2-hole, trigonal, tetrahedral, and octahedral)
- (4) Brown atom parts (trigonal, tetrahedral, 5-hole, and octahedral)
- (3) beige lone pair 2D paddles
- (20) medium length grey links
- (5) medium purple links
- (12) flexible long grey links
- Storage box